Viber Extraction via OxyAgent
Oxygen Forensic® Detective v.13.7 introduces a new extraction method for Viber. Now, Viber user data can be collected from any unlocked Android device using OxyAgent. Install it on a device, select the Viber artifacts that need to be collected, and once the extraction is done, import it into Oxygen Forensic® Detective. The evidence set will include account info, contacts, chats, and calls. Please note that our software also collects Viber data from computers and the cloud.
Device and Case Descriptions
We’ve added the ability to add custom fields for device and case descriptions. Click the “Add a field” button on the General Info tab in the Device or Case Information window to create new fields or hide/display existing ones.
The following updates have been implemented to our KeyScout utility:
- Our software now supports Deflate64 format, enabling the import of images created by the KAPE (Kroll Artifact Parser and Extractor) utility.
- Added ability to extract passwords saved in Microsoft Edge.
- Updated support for Telegram Desktop on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Improved the parsing of Jump Lists and extraction of LNK files.
- New options and tabs are added to the KeyScout Options menu.
Cloud Extractor Enhancements
We’ve made several enhancements to the Oxygen Forensic® Cloud Extractor. Investigators will now be able to:
- Extract Discord data via login credentials and token as well as by scanning a QR code from a mobile app. Artifacts will include account info, contacts, private and group chats and channels
- Extract iCloud backups made from Apple iOS 15 beta devices using login credentials.
- We’ve also improved support for WhatsApp Google Backups and the WhatsApp QR code method, as well as decryption of WhatsApp backups in crypt14 format.
New App Support
Oxygen Forensic® Detective v.13.7 introduces support for 5 new apps and updates data parsing for 700+ app versions. Our new apps include Google Pay, SuperNote, Twist, Chatwork, and the dating app, Coffee Meets Bagel.
We’ve made several enhancements to our export process, allowing investigators to:
- Export extracted evidence to Consilio XML format. Exported datasets include contacts, calls, messages and general information about extraction. *This comes with a Load File Export license.
- Export identified face sets to popular file formats while in the Search section.
- Export data from the Faces section in XML format.
- Fixed the issue with decryption keys incorrect extraction from Huawei Mate 20 Pro device.
- Fixed the issue with Line extraction via OxyAgent.
- UFED checkm8 extraction packed in ZIP format.
- Duplicates in the WebKit data section.
- Facebook private chats were not extracted in the Cloud Extractor.
- Authentication within WhatsApp Google backup in the Cloud Extractor.
- WhatsApp and Google Mail messages exporting to EML format.
- Fixed the issue with adding custom fields in the Export settings.